Portions of our website are under construction. Please visit often for new or updated information. Thank you!
PLEASE BE ADVISED - MASK POLICY
MASKS ARE NOW REQUIRED for vaccinated AND unvaccinated persons in all Township buildings and on the scheduled bus trips. Please make sure to wear your mask into and during your time at the center. (*exception)
Vaccinated Persons: You must wear a mask in the building and into class, however, once in your "exercise spot," vaccinated persons may remove their mask IF there is at least 6-feet from your neighbor. You must put your mask back on if you need to move about or out of the room.
Unvaccinated Persons: You must wear a mask while in the center AND during exercise class.
ACTIVITIES THE CENTER CANNOT PROVIDE AT THIS TIME
Bingo, Board Games, Canasta, Card Games, Mah Jongg and Scrabble are not available at this time. The center will keep members informed regarding policy changes and activity updates. Thank you for your understanding.
SENIOR CENTER WEATHER-RELATED CLOSURES
The center follows the Council Rock School District inclement weather related closures. If the District closes the schools for weather related issues, the center will be closed for day and night activities. If there is a delayed opening, we will be delayed by the same number of hours. All activities prior to the opening time will be cancelled.
Please do the following to see if the senior center is open:
- Turn on WKYW Radio 1060AM (Council Rock Schools are #756)
- View local news/cable stations
- Visit the following websites:
- Council Rock School District Website www.crsd.org
- 6ABC - School Closings www.6abc.com/community/schoolclosings
- NBC10 - School Closings www.nbcphiladelphia.com/weather/school-closings
- KYW News Radio School Closing www.audacy.com/kywnewsradio/schoolclosings
Please do not call the center to see if it is open. Thank you!
Meditation - Monday 12:00 PM
Meditation is a practice that helps increase awareness of the present moment, promotes relaxation and enhances personal and spiritual growth. This class is open to new students as well as experienced practitioners.
Spanish Class - Thursday, February 3
This 8-week class will begin at 1:00 PM on Thursday, February 3 and end March 24.
- Register by February 1
- The sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board in our lobby.
- Payment (cash or check) is due by 2/3/22
- $56 for senior center members or $70 for non-members
Tap Time - Wednesday 11:00 AM
This senior center class will be held at 11:00 AM every Wednesday in the Northampton Township Recreation Center building. Please bring your own tap shoes.
Wood Carving - Details Below
Wood Carvers meet from 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM on the first, third and fifth Wednesday each month to practice, learn and create wood carved objects. No experience necessary, however tools are needed to participate. See the current calendar for dates.
Click Here to contact the senior center staff for additional information, to ask questions or to schedule a tour of the senior center.
Masks must be worn on the bus to/from the event.
- Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Doolan's Beach Club, Spring Lake, NJ
- Friday, April 29, 2022
- Various artisans and vendors selling unique and seasonal items.
- If you would like to be a vendor, please contact the senior center at 215-357-8199 or email [email protected].
SEASONAL LEAGUE TEAMS
Spring through Fall
- Bocce - Starts in April 2022
Fall through Spring
- Indoor Table Shuffleboard
Please click here for a description of our activity/league teams. For registration, start dates and contact information, please click on "Seasonal League Teams" or contact the senior center at 215-357-8199 or email [email protected].
How to Help the James E. Kinney Senior Center
Please click on the links below to see how you or your business can provide support. The senior center has a variety of financial or in-kind options from membership, sponsorship or volunteering.
- Become a Member of the center. New members are always welcome!
- Attend our Fundraisers and Events (see the calendar or special event page)
- Sponsor a Program, Special Event or Fundraiser
- Advertise in our Newsletter
- Become a Business Supporter for the Members-Only Perks Packet
- Volunteer! Please contact the center for details.
- AmazonSmile You Shop. Amazon Gives.
- Room Rentals are available for your next party, event or business meeting.